Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Artistic Landscape and Happiness


I can't resist art at the thrifts. Today's find came from Holy Family's store. I knew I liked it, and when I got to the counter to pay, the ladies both pointed at the signature and shared a happy glance. We were all yacking, and I forgot to ask them about that. My thrifting friend Marion is a member of that church, so when she called me when I got home, I mentioned the art. She was thrilled. Apparently the artist, "DeCapite" is a friend of hers, and long time church member and lifelong artistst! Marion can't wait to come over and photograph the painting, as she will see this lady this week at the assisted living where she has now moved! I have it in mind to make a gift of this beautiful painting to Marion. Though I love it, she knows the artist and loves her. I don't think I can keep this one, but I am so happy to have found it.

2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

WOW this is gorgeous! What a fun that someone knows the artist! I have a hard time passing up watercolor art pieces!

Linda B said...

I know, Kim, I have a hard time, whether water colors, oils or acrylics. I love that someone worked so hard and well, and this beautiful thing ( to me anyway) is in a thrift store! I buy art. I now know about your fascination with watercolor. Hmmm..... Your last watercolor find was FANTASTIC! I would have grabbed that in a minute!

Linda B.