Friday, May 2, 2008

More Paintings



I found these two this morning at a thrift store on my way home from the framer's shop. If I keep this up, I will have to take up framing as a hobby! Anyway, the wonderful landscape reminds me of home in the Berkshires. It's just beautiful. It's signed "John" with a red circle after it. Whoever he is, I thank him. He made my morning. The landscape measures 20 X 29 and was a major investment at $4.00. I was thrilled!


The second painting looks to be acrylics. I am not a fan of the barn and the basket thing they sit on, but do love cardinals. I will live with this one in the spare room for a while, until my sister, who also adores cardinals, talks me out of it. I suspect she will really want this one. Sue, when you read this, e mail me and let me know if I can put a reserve on it for you! The cardinal painting came already framed and measures 16 X 18.


1 comment:

Erin said...

I like them both. I really like the white bushy flowers in the cardinal painting.