Friday, June 13, 2008

Thrifting on Friday the Thirteenth



I should have known better than to thrift on Friday the Thirteenth! Not all thrift stories are pretty ones. Well, this one was. Before I brought this beautiful throw home and tossed it in the washer and dryer (yes, on delicate!). Well. What possessed me to wash a throw with ten inch fringe in the machine?? Why didn't she stop when she was ahead of the game and only found a pound of cotton rag in the new washer? Why did she dry it for half an hour, create a snow storm in the laundry room, clog the dryer completely and then proceed to carry the mess through the house (with formerly dark green carpet, now spotted with cotton snow) and shake it in the backyard??

I did get a couple of cool books including one called "Back Roads of New England" with loads of hand drawn scenes of the old home area and local wildflowers. But I don't have time to enjoy it. I am going to be vaccuuming until tomorrow. And I can't wait for Jack to attempt to fix the dryer.....that job will involve the shop vac and a bent coathanger and maybe a roto-rooter thingy. What a mess. So anyway, I may or may not be able to salvage the throw, and that is not real snow all over my S. FLA lawn.

No comments: