Saturday, October 4, 2008

Military Maps

I went back to Marianne's garage sale today. She knew she had some military maps but could not get her hands on them yesterday. Today she had them. $1 each and they are so very cool. Three different ones. Here are pics:

What's extra cool, besides just what they are, is that they are some cool material. You can't tear them and they can get wet and stuff. They are super wrinkly. I'm not sure if that's part of just how they are because they still read just fine. They are HUGE too. Almost as long as I am tall. Maybe they'd just bunch them up and stuff them in their bags? I don't really know too much about these, so if anyone does please share in the comments. :)

I have no idea what I'll do with them. Mom, Kim, do you guys think you want one? What would do you with it? They are HUGE. I wonder if my grandfater who is a military buff would like them for Christmas?

Kim, I did think about sewing them into the coolest pouches EVER you could totally sew this material. But I'm afraid it would be offensive to sew a tool that may have kept someone alive into a cute tote. Right?

Oh and Marianne had a KITCHEN AID MIXER. I didn't even ask because I already have one and I don't want to know how much I could have saved. Nope, don't want to know. It was white. She said she had a really fancy atlas (I love a good atlas) but she couldn't get her hands on it. She's one who buys stuff all the time just to sell it in garage sales. I'm not sure how that makes money, but whatever, I love her for it!

No comments: