Sunday, March 15, 2009

Free, Pretty, Pretty Planter


I had my stepdaughter Katie with me yesterday, so Patricia , Katie and I headed out to a community wide flea market. I can't put in the photo of the delicious Woodland Pyrex mixing bowl we got for $2.50 because it's already full to the brim of leftover corned beef and cabbage dinner. We got a book and a pair of shorts to wear in the garden. But the story is, we are in the first aisle and a nice but frazzled lady grabs me and says, "are you the lady that just bought my golf clubs?" I assured her I'd just walked in, hadn't bought anything yet. A few aisles later she grabs me, "are you the lady that bought my golf clubs?" I told her, no, you already asked me. So she goes away. Finally we are leaving, outside in the foyer, and here she comes AGAIN! "Are you the lady.... oh, wait, haven't I asked you already a couple of times?" I assured her it was not me who bought her clubs! So she says, "But it was a lady in a brown shirt with her daughter.. just like you". Turns out that mystery shopper was so excited about the golf clubs, she left this darling porcelain planter she had paid for. The poor frazzled lady just gave it to me for free. She was totally relieved to be done with her search, and I am quite sure she really thinks I bought her golf clubs too. Ah well.

No comments: